Testosterone is a naturally produced hormone in the testes in men. Pituitary glands are responsible for the signal to testes to produce testosterone. It is a vital hormone responsible developing male type of physical characteristics and is majorly associated with for sex and reproduction in men. However, it also will have bad side effectson the user.
What is the need of Testosterone?
Testosterone is necessary to keep the male characteristics. The levels of testosterone usually come down as the person ages. But a low testosterone level is a concern as it may cause some health issues. Low T levels causes Low energy, Decrease in body hair,Low bone density, Decreased sex drive, Depression, Hot flashes, Weight gain, Mood swings, swelling or tenderness in breast tissues and erectile dysfunction.
In order to increase the testosterone levels, the first step is to have a healthy diet that would help in reducing body fat. If that does not work, there are options of testosterone boosters available in the market.
How to increase Testosterone levels?
There are natural ways like getting good sleep, reducing weight, exercising and maintain a healthy life style that can increase the T levels naturally. Apart from that there are testosterone boosters available in the market.
What are Testosterone boosters and how do they help?
They aresupplements that help to increase the ability of your body to produce more testosterone but have bad side effects. They are not replacements but are ways to increase the production of testosterone in your body naturally. The benefits of using them include:
- Increase in strength
- Increased Sex drive
- Muscle gain and
- Decrease fat
The side effects due to testosterone boosters are minimal because the testosterone is naturally produced in the body and is not a replacement or synthetic form. However, there are few side effects which include:
- Acne, especially on the back due to increased activity of sweat glands. This problem is reported mostly in men.
- Sleep apnea
- Testosterone gives muscle gain but does not increase the strength of ligaments and tendons resulting in myalgia, a condition of abnormal growth of ligaments and tendons. This may also lead to tearing of ligaments and muscles as well. A proper workout is the only one that can help in this regard.
- This can be a new condition or testosterone can also increase it if you already have this. It’s better to decrease your dose if you see yourself getting angry often.
- Headaches are also seen in the use of t boosters. Though they are mild, there is a slight increase in the instances of occurrence.
- Enlargement or inflammation of prostate glands leading to prostate cancer.
- Mood swings
- Long term use of testosterone booster will cause damage to kidneys and can lead to kidney failure. Hence, giving a break from these supplements becomes important.
- Increase the count of red blood cells that might result in heart diseases.
- If taken in large doses, T boosters can also cause breathing difficulty and tightness in chest.