Adventure and expeditions are the best to have a stress free environment and boost more positive energy in oneself. Moving towards the Southern tip of our country India lays Kanyakumari. This place is also known by the name of Cape Comorian. The beautiful town lies on the sea shore the confluence of three water bodies i.e. the Indian Ocean, the Arabian Sea and the Bay of Bengal in the state of Tamil Nadu. The state has other scenic places in the famous Madurai and Rameshwaram also.
Main places of attractions between Madurai, Rameshwaram and Kanyakumari-
The state of Tamil Nadu is famous for its architectural buildings and temples. Towards the South India people are known for the religious devotion where most of them are the followers of Hinduism. The entire state of Tamil Nadu including Kanyakumari is a filled with a bunch of temples. It is not only the sculpture that makes them interesting but also the legend or history that is associated with the temples. People on a journey from Madurai to Rameshwaram Kanyakumari tour package must not miss out certain scenic places like-
- Tirumalai Nayak Palace– Being one of the key tourist attractions in the state, the palace is a place built in the 17th century by the rulers of Madurai. It is famous for its show that is based on the virtues of King Nayak and the sound and light show which is really amazing.
- Meenakshi Temple Madurai– the Meenakshi A man temple is dedicated to Goddess Shakti and has the idols of Lord Shiva and Goddess Laxmi. The temple has an eminently carved tower circling the temple which is dedicated to Goddess Meenakashi in Madurai. The majestic stonewalls in the temple and the towers raising out of the swarming streets makes it look elegant and beautiful.
- Agni Teer tham Rameshwaram- Located on the eastern sea shore opposite to the Ramanatha Swami temple is the Agni Teertham. It is one of the 64 sacred baths in Rameswaram. It is believed that every day thousands of pilgrims that took bath in this holy sea, will vanish ones sins and make them pure from heart and soul again.
- Ramanatheshwaran Main temple- Located in the state of Tamil Nadu while moving from Madurai one must visit thistemple. The main attraction for Rameshwaram is to have bath in all 22 kunds as well as darshan in very good way. In the evening darshan the scene looks more beautiful when the light on oil lamps is on and makes the place mesmerizing.
- Vivekanada Rock Kanyakumari– It is one of the sacred and popular tourist monument which lies in Vavathurai in Kayakumari. It is built in the memory of Swami Vivekanada who visited this place for deep meditation and enlightenment in the year 1892.
- Tiruvalluvar Statue- The Thiruvalluvar Statue is 133 feet (40.6 m) tall stone sculpture of the famous Tamil poet and saint Tiruvalluvar, also the author of the Thirukkural. It is located on the top of a small island where the two seas and the ocean meet.
Apart from these, the early morning and evening walk to the mesmerizing beaches in the Tamil Nadu turns to be one of the most happening places in the evening with many food joints, cake shops and crowds of people of all age groups. The place is a must visit once in a lifetime.