As you will already have seen, car transporter trailers are unpowered vehicles that you in most places on the roads of Great Britain, and being safely towed and attached to the vehicle in front. The trailers themselves provide for extra space and are extremely useful moving many objects at the one time.
- For instance,say you are driving to a summer holiday home for perhaps a week or two, with all of your baggage packed in the back on a trailer, there is then plenty of extra room for passengers inside of the car.
A Choice of Designs
Car trailers have been specifically designed and created for the duty of transporting cars from A to B and you will see them being used for cars involved in motor sports, and also a broken down car has to be moved.
People who are looking for trailers in Yorkshire such as car transporter trailers, cattle trailers or plant trailers, can find them at a local renowned company who specialises in them, at a cost friendly price.
On the market, there are also second hand car trailers, and they sometimes can be as good as a brand new one if they can meet legal safety standards.
- All used trailers should be rigorously inspected first for any damage, even though many are in good condition and the owner no longer makes use of it anymore.
So, if you wish to buy a used car trailer, try considering the design, condition, and features prior to purchase.
Two Types of Design
- You will have the choice of two different types of car trailer and they only really differ by their design.
The “open” style is more basic and somewhat smaller, while the other is covered, larger and provides a lot more protection from the elements.
Open Car Type
The open car trailer is fixed or tilt bed trailer with an open top. Normally, this kind of trailer has no sides, however, if it does, they will be low.
- When vehicles are to be transported on this type of trailer, they must be safely secured by way of strong and durable straps.
This trailer does not need that much space and can comfortably fit inside a standardgarage and also be converted into a basic covered car trailer by using the likes of a tarpaulin trailer cover.
Covered Car Type
The covered car trailer is containedbywalls and a roof, both of which are advantageous when transporting a car during the winter months or during a rain storm.
- Some covered car trailers feature a rear door which can convert the trailer into an almost virtual garage!
And there are some folks who actually do make use of their covered car trailers rather than using a garage for extra protection from the weather.
Whatever type of trailer you wish for, make sure to consult with a local renowned and trustworthy company.