E-way bill is an important document that is required to be carried by a person responsible for carrying any consignment of goods of value in excess Rs.50,000 except in some instances.
In the next steps, we have summarised how to apply waybill in GST.
From when the E-way bill system is applicable?
- Some states have started trial basis roll-out of the e-way bill system from 16th January 2018.
- It will be on a compulsory basis for the interstate movement of the goods effective from 1st April 2018, and the state will have to implement before the 1st of July 2018.
Who is required to register and enrol in e-way bills system?
The stakeholders are:
How to register and enrol in e-way bills system?
- For Registered Taxpayer, the following things to be kept on hand for registering for E waybill:
- GSTIN number
- The mobile number which is registered with GSTIN
- Used should have decided the username which should have at least 8 characters and can’t exceed more than 15 characters with a combination of alphabets (A-Z/a-z), numeric (0-9), and special characters (%, ^, &, *, @, #, $)
- Procedure for registration for the registered taxpayer:
- You have to open the URL – ewaybill.nic.in
- The first-time taxpayer has to register by clicking on “E-way bill registration.”
- The user needs to enter their GSTIN number and click ‘GO’ to submit the request.
- On the screen form, the applicant name, Trade name, Address and the mobile number would have auto-populated; else they have to be entered. The user needs to click on “Send OTP” for getting the OTP in their registered mobile number. Once OTP is received on the registered mobile number, user needs to enter the OTP and verify the same in the system. After that user registration request is authenticated by the system.
- After verification of the OTP, the user needs to provide his choice of User ID or Username, which the user will be using for operating his account on the e-way bill system.
- The Username should be between 8 to 15 characters with a combination of alphabet, number, and special characters. A unique username should be given by the user, which is not there in the system.
- As username is approved, the user needs to provide the password of his choice. Please note that the password is case-sensitive, hence the user needs to be careful while entering the same.
- The system will validate the entered details and will give a pop-up message if an error occurs. If there are no errors, then the username and password is created and registered with e-way bill system.
- Now the taxpayer can use this registered username and password for generating e-way bills.
In case you forget the username or password of your registered E-Way Bill Portal, you will have to follow these steps:
- On the screen, the user has to enter the GSTIN, State, Pin code of principal place of business, and registered mobile number.
- After clicking GO, user will get his username or password via SMS on his registered mobile number. The new password and username can be used for future logins.